Sunday, October 7, 2012

Comments 4 Kids for September

title comments 4 kids with a computer
C4K #1
My first C4K was for a student named Deserae. She is a year 5 student at Pt England School in Auckland, NZ. The blog post I commented on was titled improper fractions. Deserae gave a great picture demonstrating how to change an improper fraction to a mixed fraction. My comment was:

Hello Deserae, My name is Maria. I am a current student at the University of South Alabama in the United States. I am studying to be an elementary teacher. I really enjoy your picture of how to covert an improper fraction into a mixed number. This picture makes the conversion very easy to understand, and I am sure is helpful to anyone who is having problems with converting improper fractions to mixed numbers. I hope to use pictures very similar to this one when I become a teacher. I hope you continue to enjoy Math!

C4K#2
My second C4K was for a student named Henry. He is also a studnet at Pt England Schools. He had written a great story called Frozen Beach. This story was about two boys from a hostel, and what happened when they ran away. He complemented his story with pictures. My comment was:

Hello Henry! I am a college student from University of South Alabama which is in Alabama, United States. I am studying to be an elementary teacher. I enjoyed reading your story. I liked the twists you incorporated into your story like that the water at the beach was frozen. It would be interesting to see that. I also enjoyed seeing your artwork. With the artwork, it brought your story to life. I hope you continue to write stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment