Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Comments 4 Teachers #3

Chad segersten
Just 5 Easy Steps!
“Stop trying to find a fix rather than a solution.” This is Chad Segersten’s first idea of how to fix education. He has five in his blog post, How to Fix Education in 5 Easy Steps! In this post he outlines five steps that he suggests including empowering great leaders out of the administration and empowering great teachers. My comment was this:

Hi. My name is Maria and I am also a student at University of South Alabama in EDM 310. I am studying to be an elementary teacher. I agree with the points you make about changing the educational system. I especially liked point 3 about empowering the administrators. I feel that administrators get painted as the bad guys especially with the standardized tests. Although I am not a teacher yet, I agree that working together with other teachers would be beneficial not only to the teachers but the students. It helps to reinforce the information.
Maria
http://eschbachmariaedm310.blogspot.com/

John Spencer
Technology=Impatience?
Does Technology Make Us Impatient? is a blog post John Spencer wrote on the blog Education Rethink. He has been taking a break from blogging and twitter to write a book. He comments on how Twitter seems a lot faster now that he is as use to it. He mentions an idea that technology makes life faster, but because of this he finds himself becoming more impatient. My comment was this:

Hi,
My name is Maria, and I am in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. I agree with your thought at the end of the blog. I find myself wanting things to be faster. I get impatient with my dog, the mail, and this week the voting line. Thinking about how could technology help this to make it faster. I agree that I love technology. That I feel that I am a better student and will be a better teacher with it. Yet I love those times when I pick up an old paperback library book and sit outside. Thanks for your post.
Maria
My blog

No comments:

Post a Comment